I loved being back in the kitchen with my mom this Thanksgiving. We share a love for food, trying new things, and testing out new recipes when we are together. After enjoying all the delicious (and indulgent) things that come with the holiday, we reset with a soothing cup of golden milk. This warm cup of goodness is perfect for a chilly morning and the flavors familiar to the holiday season.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (homemade is best!)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cardamom pods (broken)
- Slice of fresh ginger
- Pinch of ground black pepper and sea salt
- Combine above in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk. Bring to a low-boil and pour over a strainer into a large mug.
- Add 1 teaspoon raw (local, if possible) honey and stir to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!