This refreshing smoothie is perfect for a warm summer day. I love the flavor combination of the pomegranate and orange. In a high-power blender, the pomegranate seeds blend nicely into the smoothie. I like to add a handful of frozen strawberries for added color and sweetness!
Pomegranate Orange Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (homemade is best!)
- 1/4 cup POM 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (store bought is fine too!)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 orange (peeled)
- Splash of honey or pitted date chopped (optional, for sweetness)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (optional)
- Combine above ingredients in a high-power blender and blend until smooth, serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tips for making smoothies:
- Use homemade almond milk, if possible, for the best flavor
- Freeze your bananas (if even just 30 minutes or an hour before)
- If you like a sweeter smoothie, add a few chopped/pitted dates or a splash of honey
- Use organic ingredients, whenever possible
- Stock your freezer with frozen fruit (you won't have to worry about your fruit going bad and you will always have some options on hand!)
- To thicken a smoothie, you can always add a handful of ice
- If your smoothie is too thick, try to thin with a little extra liquid. I like to add a few splashes of coconut water.
Images by Ariana Clare, www.arianaclare.com.