As cooler temperatures arrive in the places where seasonal weather is expected and warm attire is a must, one likely reaches for a sweater. Welcome to sweater weather, the time of year where we savor the crisp fall weather and pray for a short (and gentle) winter, unless you have an affinity for the cold of course. The sweater helps those not quite ready to surrender to jacket weather, through layering and versatility. It often gets a bad rap for being too bulky, restricting, or simply unflattering. We have found some great options that prove otherwise.
1. Sea Plaid Pullover (We are loving the plain this season, and this pullover is sure to raise your sweater game.)
2. Tibi Bubble Cardigan (The perfect cardigan for its color, fit and "it factor". A must have.)
3. Rag & Bone/JEAN Amelia Pullover (We love this pullover for its classic baseball tee look.)
4. Mara Hoffman Fair Isle Pullover (We love the figure flattering split hem and fun zigzag accent.)
5. Madewell Turtleneck Vest (Step up your layering game with this flattering vest, over a knit long sleeve tee or plaid button up shirt.)
6. J. Crew Lace Applique Sweater (We love the lace detail for the bright pop of color and feminine touch.)
Shop Local (Charlotte, North Carolina)
We stopped by a few of our favorite local boutiques to pull some additional favorites. With sweater weather in full swing, and spring 2016 arriving soon, these pieces won’t be around for long. Stop in today!
Featured image, black and white stripe knit by IRO (Poole Shop).
Featured image/shop local images by Candice Lanning, www.thebeautifulmess.com.